Thursday, March 12, 2009

Watch out for the Scammers


If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.

I'm hearing stories on the news of the scam artists who are coming out to grab the last dollars out of the hands of people who still have them.

Its always amazed me that people would fall for the old 419 scam. That's the one with the exiled Nigerian statesman (or prince or widow or something like that) who promises you millions if you would just deposit a couple of hundred thousand to tide him over until he can get at the money. I'm still getting them every so often. If they're still out there then they must be working. 60 minutes even did a piece on it several years ago.

Now I guess unscrupulous people are sending out official looking messages under an IRS letterhead asking for personal information and promising early large tax refunds.

And speaking of scam artists...Bernie Madoff is going to jail. Yay!

On a positive note...my SeniorTech business is coming along. I'm getting calls off the flyer at the senior center and now that I've got my printer working again I can send out my mailing. Still no word from the woman at the senior center about the classes but I remain hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment