Friday, May 29, 2009

Gas Prices Don't Help


I can remember when gas was 33 cents a gallon. How old does that make me? When I say that, people ask if I remember nickel hot dogs and I say no but I do remember nickel candy bars. Hot dogs were 35 cents including the fries when I first started buying them.

I just got back from Sam's Club where I bought gas for $2.29 a gallon. I know that seems cheap to those of you in Chicago and California but the last time I filled up it was $1.88. Good thing I don't go anywhere.

I also stopped at the post office to drop off the first of my sample packages. The parking lot was mobbed and usually there's nobody there during the middle of the day. I was glad I had printed my own postage labels so I wouldn't have to wait. When I got inside I realized that the long line of people wasn't for postage it was for passports. Starting Monday you need a passport (or something new called the passcard) to get across the border. Judging from the line, the government is going to make a lot of money this weekend.

Also, an update on the gardening front. My tomato plant has 5 tomatoes growing on it and the birds haven't eaten them. Of course they have to get bigger and ripen so it's still touch and go for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment