Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Speak Softly and Carry a Big Purse


I decided a movie would be a good investment yesterday. I could get some entertainment and best of all, I could sit in somebody else's air conditioning for a couple of hours. But here's the catch...how do you avoid the lure of the concession stand. That smell of movie theater popcorn has been an alluring aroma since I was a kid.

But six bucks for popcorn and a drink? That's as much as my ticket cost (bargain matinee). The solution...sneak in your own food. The key...a large purse or tote bag. Although they post signs saying no outside food or drink, they haven't gotten to the point where they're searching bags. So I popped some popcorn in the microwave and stuck a bottle of water into my purse. I was able to blithely walk past the concession stand and into the theater to enjoy my movie and snack by myself.

I've got to say if you're like me, that Monday afternoon is a great time to see a movie. I hate crowded movie theaters because people talk, kick seats and forget to turn off their cell phones. I went to see Star Trek which was the most popular movie over the weekend but there were only about 20 people in the theater at 4:30 on Monday afternoon. Perfect.

Oh and the movie was great. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment