Sunday, May 10, 2009

Paperwork


I finished my paperwork for my LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) application. I don't know how much of a break I'll get on my electric bill but whatever it is, it will help. I finally cracked and turned on the air conditioning to cool down the house for a while. It reached 99 the other day and inside the house it was 90. I just couldn't take it any more.

The saving grace of living in the desert is that it still cools down at night. Unlike back in Chicago I can get a good night's sleep without AC. The hottest part of the day is between 4 and 7 pm. After that I can get by with just the fans. We'll see how that affects the bill.

Part of the paperwork was to give my account number with the phone company to see if I can qualify for assistance on that. I'm thinking they might have a problem with my broadband and Direct TV service on the same bill. I may be poor but I'm not ready to give up my internet or CNN.

Oh and speaking of CNN, they called yesterday in response to my latest video upload. It may be on their Money and Mainstreet Special on Thursday night...or I'll end up on the cutting room floor like I did last time.

If you want to see it, here's the link. http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-254896

No comments:

Post a Comment